Friday, July 31, 2009

From the Flat Files

As you will see, I tend to procrastinate.
I few days ago I was looking through my flat files
and discovered a stack of paintings with no matte
and left to linger in the drawer. You ask, how can an
artist do that? Easy, really easy! Sometimes I just feel
like painting and just don't take the time to mount, matte
and frame finished pieces. Part of the problem is being
retired with no real sense of urgency on most days. Years
of stress and deadlines are the main culprit. When painting
begins to feel like a job, I tend to back off completely
for long periods of time. Heck, I like the outdoors, I like yard
work. I have a list of projects that will take me through the
rest of my life I'm sure. We travel a fair amount, we have
8 grandkids, we have a pool with 8 grandkids in it.
Last but not least, I like to relax.
So, to ease the pressure of blogging, (pressure?) I present
the flat file lost art discovery. Let me know what you
think. I'll let you know if I slip in a new painting.
Hope you enjoy.