Friday, February 10, 2012

Work in Progress


You certainly can't tell by my blog that I've been spending
many hours in the studio.  Making progress but still not
satisfied with most of the paintings.  I've tried not to linger
to long trying to correct colors and such.  Just a quick trip
to the trash heap.  There are thoughts and some pieces in
progress.  Maybe some day they will appear on this blog.
Don't hold your breath.

Well I'm off to the hospital Monday the 13th for another
operation.  This one is nasty and that's enough said about that.
It has delayed our trip to Florida this year which is a bummer.
Hopefully we'll still get to spend part of March down there.
Once we know the outcome that is.

Off to the studio I go, hi ho!

10 comments:

SamArtDog said...

I say that's beautiful stuff on your easel.

I say you'll do fine in the O.R.

I say Florida will do you good.

Now, you're not about to argue with me, are you?

Double "D" said...

I wouldn't think of arguing with you Sam.
I appreciate your thoughts and I'm sure
that all will be well.

Chrissie A said...

Ahhh, the lovely Can Can Calypso!

Beautiful little portrait...please tell me she did not end up on the trash heap...!

David Westerfield said...

Take care of yourself Doug. I look forward to seeing new work soon. How about some Florida palms? You know I like tropical.

Double "D" said...

Hi Chrissie, thanks. Can Can made it to the top of the pile and not to the trash heap. I'm going to do a couple more of Miss Calypso to make a threesome. Hopefully I can finish them by tomorrow so I can post them.


Hey David,
I'll be glad when it's over and I can get back to real life. Palm trees in Florida sounds pretty good. It's freakin 0 here today. Cooolllddd! By the way you've been doing some beautiful paintings. Nice.

loriann signori said...

I thought you promised to stay away from the OR. Egad! Your work in the picture looks good. Can't wait to see more. Take care ...don't let the surgeon take too much. hi ho hi ho.

TheChieftess said...

You are just so danged hard on yourself!!! Love Ms Calypso!!!

I'm sure you'll breeze right through the OR and come out in better health than ever!!! Take care and get well soon!!!

Double "D" said...

Hey B,
I'm being a slacker!
Also working on finishing a room in the basement.
Actually I just spend a lot of time at the big box stores looking at tools I don't need.
Yes the surgeon ... not too much but enough to make a difference so I can move on.
Talk with you later,
pb

Double "D" said...

Thanks Kathy,
Yeah, I'm pleased with Can Can as well.
I'll be glad when this other stuff is out of the way so
I can stop thinking about it.
Great to hear from you, hope all is well.

Silver said...

Speedy Recovery and sending you healing carried on the wings of prayer.

Blessings galore,
Silver