Monday, August 10, 2009

5 New Pieces








































































At last, something brand new. I just completed these pieces
for a commission I've been putting off. The top piece is done
on hot press Arches 140# paper. The colors tend to be more
brilliant on hot press. Certainly not good for floating colors
together but has other benefits. The rest of the pieces are
all done on cold press paper. I feel good that they're done and
the person can buy them all or only what she wants. I'm such
an agreeable person. HA.

Hope you enjoy.

6 comments:

loriann signori said...

Doug, You have an eye for color! I especially love the top one with the flowers and shed. What a musical play of "textures" and colors! A couple of questions.... what is your favorite watercolor brand? which colors do you put on your palette? The colors are soooooo brilliant on that hot press paper!

TheChieftess said...

Love the top one of the shed and the one of the red flowers!!! Great color and composition!

David Westerfield said...

Doug, I agree with the others, these are great. Also, I'm glad I,m not the only one who puts off commissions.

Double "D" said...

Loriann, I wish you could write all my descriptions for the paintings. You make them sound joyful. Thank you for your wonderful comments. Doug

Chieftess, I'm glad you're pleased. I'm just happy they're done. Thank you, Doug

Thanks David, much appreciated. Dam, no more commissions. Doug

Jill Stefani Wagner said...

Absolutely awesome work. I bow to your gorgeous colors, fresh technique and interesting compositions...

Jill Stefani Wagner
http://www.jillwagnerart.com

Felicity Grace said...

These bring tears to my eyes, they are so beautiful! Just found your blog by links from others. I really appreciate your post where you write about the struggles too (painting on a damp misty day). I like to read about the real process! I'm a complete beginner with watercolours - truth is I don't practice enough! - but it is something that has always fascinated me and I'm in awe of anyone who can tame them (as much as that is possible!).